I had a craving for some quick and easy pancakes but I didn't have any eggs. So, I used this simple recipe to make some quick, super fluffy pancakes to satisfy my craving. You can't go wrong with pancakes!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons vodka (the alcohol cooks out)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, vodka and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan or griddle over medium high heat. Pour or spoon batter into pan. When bubbles have formed flip and cook until golden brown. Serve hot.
Tips and Tricks
1. Use a cookie dough scoop to make perfect silver dollar pancakes.
2. I added about a tablespoon or two more milk to make a smoother consistency.
3. Sprinkle in fruit, chocolate chips, or nuts as soon as you pour to make individualized pancakes.
4. In place of the vodka use one egg, or use both!
5. Try using flavoured vodkas, I used vanilla.
6. You can also add cinnamon, nutmeg, or other seasonings to taste.
1. With butter, syrup, powdered sugar, fruit, and anything else that catches your fancy.
2. Have a pancake bar for parties where guests can choose what they want in and on pancakes.
My failed attempt at a chocolate pecan Micky Mouse pancake :(
Post By: Davilin H.